Preparation before your Aqualyx treatment begins:
The first step towards enjoying an Aqualyx treatment at Araya Beauty clinic is to choose which areas you want to target. Aqualyx is a common facial treatment for a double chin or sagging jowls, but it can also help you say goodbye to stubborn pockets of body fat, too.
If you’re wondering if Aqualyx is the right treatment for you, here’s an idea of who the right candidate is:
- Aged 18-60 – these treatments are best suited to people with good skin elasticity and a healthy blood supply in the areas to be treated, to ensure that the skin can recover properly without sagging.
- Not seeking weight loss – these injections are not intended as a substitute for a healthy lifestyle, they are specifically made to target the stubborn pockets of fat that don’t shift with a balanced diet and exercise. Aqualyx is not an alternative to liposuction.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- No skin diseases, infections, or blood clotting issues
If you check the above boxes and want to start tackling those problem areas, then an Aqualyx treatment at Araya Beauty is right for you.
In preparation for your injectable treatment, you will have an initial consultation session with one of our qualified aestheticians who will discuss the Aqualyx process with you. It’s important to avoid taking blood thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen in the two weeks leading up to the treatment (in consultation with your doctor, if prescribed). You should also ensure that the area is clean and free from any skin irritation or infections prior to the injections.
Aqualyx is a quick and simple treatment, and luckily for most of our clients it’s a fairly painless process too.
On the day of treatment, one of our experienced practitioners will talk through the procedure with you, making sure you are comfortable, relaxed, and ready for the injections.
To start, our qualified practitioner will add an anaesthetic solution to numb the area for your comfort. This solution will take about 15 minutes to numb your skin, after which it will be wiped off and the areas to be injected will be mapped out with a pen. A number of injections will then be administered into the fat tissue, depending on the size of the area being treated.
The entire Aqualyx procedure can take between 30–60 minutes per treatment.
You will likely experience some redness, swelling, and tenderness in the area right away, which can last for up to 2 weeks post treatment. Some milder symptoms may persist for up to 6 weeks. To keep comfortable, you can use a cool pack in 20-minute intervals to soothe the affected areas.
After your Aqualyx injections at Araya Beauty, please:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen for 48 hours after treatment, as these medications can counteract the effects of the deoxycholic acid.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a week after the treatment.
Because fat cell regeneration is very slow, it is unlikely that fat removed from targeted areas will come back, meaning that your results should be permanent provided you maintain a healthy balance in your diet and exercise regimen.
Depending on the area you are targeting and the amount of fat there is, a number of Aqualyx treatments will be needed to provide the best results possible. Our practitioners will advise the best course for you, which may be between 2–8 treatment sessions.
The benefits of Aqualyx at Araya Beauty clinic include:
- It’s a safe and effective treatment that is CE-marked and approved in Europe.
- It’s a long-term solution – Aqualyx offers a permanent reduction of fatty tissue which won’t come back if you maintain a healthy lifestyle and a stable weight.
- It won’t leave you with unsightly loose skin – the natural ingredients in Aqualyx injections help with skin retraction and skin tightening, meaning that you won’t suffer from pockets of loose skin after the treatment (unlike liposuction or other fat reduction treatments).
- It’s a non-invasive treatment – because Aqualyx is a non-surgical solution, you won’t have any major recovery time to worry about.
- It provides quick results – Aqualyx starts to work right away and shows visible improvements after just 1–2 sessions.
Best of all, at Araya Beauty clinic you will receive unrivalled professional care, expertise, and commitment to your well-being. We’re here to ensure you leave our salon with a smile, and our friendly team will answer all of your questions about this innovative treatment, making sure you get the results that you are looking for.