Preparation before your Carbon Laser Peel treatment begins:
Luckily, a carbon laser treatment is suitable for all ages and skin types, and it’s even suitable for sensitive skin. It is a mild treatment that’s best for treating:
– Acne and congested skin issues like blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples
– Dilated pores
– Oily skin
– Pigmentation issues such as post-acne scars, dark spots, sun damage, or melasma
– Dull skin tone
– Fine lines
Very little preparation is needed for your carbon laser peel at Araya Beauty, but we recommend that you keep your skin well moisturised in advance of your appointment, as the treatment can be a little drying. We also recommend that you avoid sun exposure and UV damage in the 48 hours leading up to the treatment.
A carbon laser peel is not suitable for very flaky or peeling skin, so if you spot any signs of peeling in the 48 hours before your appointment, please contact our practitioners who will confirm whether or not you should postpone your treatment.
In your in-depth consultation appointment, our qualified practitioner will identify your skin concerns and skin type, discuss your medical history, and outline the procedure and aftercare process with you.
The process itself is straightforward, being much less invasive than a chemical peel. No numbing creams or anaesthetic are needed for the treatment as it’s generally painless, although you may feel a very slight stinging sensation from the laser. You will also be given a protective eye shield to wear to keep your retinas safe from the laser light.
The carbon laser peel is a two-step procedure:
- A layer of liquid carbon solution is applied to your skin. This is similar to a charcoal peel, it’s a black carbon paste that will draw out impurities from your pores. This carbon layer will sit and dry out for 10-20 minutes, and it will begin to work its magic clearing out excess oil, dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells from your pores.
- A pulsed laser will then be used to break up the carbon layer and peel away the outer layer of skin on the area being treated. The laser energy will remove any dead skin and debris, kill bacteria, and shrink your pores. The heat from the laser will also activate collagen growth in your dermis, which helps to tighten your skin, improve skin texture, reduce fine lines, and improve skin elasticity.
The carbon facial peel can offer immediate results with a single treatment, and you’re likely to see glowing, brighter skin right away. To achieve long-term results, we advise coming in for regular treatments – anywhere between 2-6 treatments will give greater results, depending on the severity of your skin conditions.
After your carbon laser peel treatment, you may experience some slight redness in the skin which may be cooled with a soothing aloe vera gel. You should keep skin clean and dry and avoid wearing makeup until the redness has cleared. It’s also important to avoid active ingredients like AHAs, BHAs, or retinol in your skincare routine for 24-48 hours post treatment.
Because this is an exfoliating treatment which can be drying, we also recommend that you avoid sun exposure for 24-48 hours post treatment.
The benefits of a carbon laser facial for your skin include:
– An instant glow – say ‘bye-bye’ to a tired, dull complexion and walk straight out of the clinic with brighter skin
– Reduced pore size
– Fewer acne imperfections and reduced acne scars
– Reduced pigmentation – fading away of age spots, small scars, or other dark spots
– Fewer fine lines & tighter, plumper skin thanks to a boost in your natural collagen production
– Improved skin tone and texture – this treatment makes skin smoother and softer
Not to mention that it’s a quick, painless, and very safe skin treatment with no reports of major skin complications or side effects. It’s also a non-invasive treatment that requires no downtime afterward, so you can walk away with instantly radiant skin and resume your normal activities right away.
At Araya Beauty Clinic, your carbon laser peel treatment will be administered by a qualified practitioner who is dedicated to your well-being and appearance, and our beauty team will be on hand to pamper you in style!