Preparation before your Laser Eyebrow Removal treatment begins:
In your initial consultation, we will discuss your medical history, examine the area to be treated and identify what tattoo ink you would like to have removed. Our expert practitioners will be able to answer any queries or concerns you may have about the process, and we will provide a comprehensive overview of what to expect from your laser removal treatment.
Before you come in for your session, you will be asked to:
- Avoid UV damage from sun exposure or sunbeds for 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Make sure there is no self tan on the skin to be treated.
- Avoid plucking, shaving, or waxing the area for 48 hours before the session.
- Avoid using exfoliating treatments like scrubs, AHAs, BHAs, or retinol for 48 hours before treatment.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory painkillers such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as these may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Drink lots of water in the days before your session, as this will help your skin to recover more quickly afterwards.
To begin the permanent makeup removal process, our technician will remove any makeup or product from the area being treated. A numbing cream may be applied to the area to minimise potential discomfort.
Before the laser eyebrow tattoo removal process begins, you will need proper eye protection in the form of stainless steel eye shields. These will protect your retinas from the laser light.
The eyebrow tattoo removal treatment will be quite quick. We will use a Q-switched laser to emit short bursts of laser light into your tattoo. The ink will absorb the laser energy and this in turn shatters the ink particles, removing any unwanted eyebrow tattoo ink from your precious brows.
This treatment will be slightly painful, but it is mild, like a light stinging sensation or an elastic band snapping against the skin. Luckily, the procedure is also quick!
Eyebrow Tattoo Removal Aftercare:
You will likely experience some redness and swelling around the eyebrows immediately after the treatment. Slight blistering and a temporary change in skin tone is also normal, and your skin should return to normal in 1-2 weeks.
It’s important to keep the treated area moist with aloe vera or an antibiotic ointment, and to cover it with a sterilised gauze to protect against infections. Keep the treated area clean with water and a mild soap, but avoid high-pressure water and avoid rubbing or scratching it until the area has fully healed.
We also recommend that you:
- Don’t apply makeup or skincare products to the area.
- Avoid sun exposure and make sure you use sunscreen SPF 30 or higher when going outside.
- Avoid swimming and hot baths.
- Stay hydrated, well-rested, and avoid alcohol in order to help your recover more quickly from the treatment.
If you experience any discomfort post-procedure, you can take paracetamol to relieve the pain.
For complete removal of tattoos, you may need between 3-10 treatment sessions, depending on the type of ink used, tattoo size and location, and your skin type. We will make sure to leave adequate time in between sessions to reduce the risk of scarring from the laser treatment.
Laser tattoo removal is the most effective way to remove unwanted pigment from tattooed eyebrows.
Laser tattoo removal for eyebrows is a very quick process. Since brow tattoos are so small, and they generally don’t involve multiple colours or complex shapes, the laser only needs 1-2 minutes per brow.
This treatment is also customisable. It can be used to fully remove eyebrow tattoos, or to partially remove the unwanted ink. If your eyebrow tattoo is misshapen, we can work to only remove the additional ink and leave behind the shape you want to achieve.
If you’re looking for laser eyebrow tattoo removal in Dublin, you can rest assured that you are in the safe hands of expert technicians here at Araya Beauty Aesthetic Clinic. We know how important your eyebrows are and we don’t take it lightly. Get in touch for a no-commitment consultation to discuss how we can safely and effectively get your eyebrows back to looking their very best!