When you enter the specialised massage room at Araya Beauty, you will be met by a friendly masseuse who will inform you what you can expect. She will explain what the massage is all about so you can be mentally prepared. You will be provided with a robe to wear before getting on the comfortable massage bed. It is important to note that you will be asked to undress. Of course, it helps if you are comfortable with removing your clothes but if not, you can remain in your undergarments for comfort.
Since this is a therapeutical massage, you will be advised to tell the masseuse any parts where you may be experiencing tension so they can pay more attention to these focus areas to ensure you get the most from your treatment. Naturally, it is in your best interests to be honest about this so we can help you enjoy your Swedish massage experience.
One of our fully qualified masseuses here at Araya Beauty will perform a Swedish massage following all the five recommended techniques:
- Efflurage – in this step, the masseuse will make long sweeping stroke using the palm of the hand or fingertips alternating firm and light pressure. You will feel all the tension in your muscles break.
- Petrissage – here, your muscles will be kneaded so the massage penetrates deeper. This will be done using finger knuckles and thumbs.
- Rhythmic tapping – the sides of cupped fists will be used to rhythmically tap muscles.
- Friction – in this step, your masseuse will rub her hands together or on your body and use the heat generated to warm the muscles.
- Vibration/shaking – the finger tips or the heel of the hand will be used to create a back and forth motion over the skin.
Other than the relaxation and relief feeling that characterises the end of every massage, there are many benefits you stand to gain by getting a Swedish massage at Araya Beauty. Since the massage is made in the direction of blood circulation, it increases the level of oxygen in blood, reduces toxins accumulated in muscles and improves circulation to all parts. Your flexibility will also be increased since tension is eased.
It is a proven medical fact that Swedish massage decreases the levels of the stress-hormone, cortisol. It also boosts the immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells and lymphocytes.